Tuesday 5 February 2013

DIYs: Earrings and Beanies Organizer

I don't wanna bore you with long intro about how and why I decided to do this. I just wanted a cuter way to store my things (everyday things) and to recycle so of the stuff that I saw around our house. So, let's get started. 

From this




To this



then this




What I did was just to wrap a cloth my Mother have with some double sided tape, and to secure it even more, I stitch the two ends together. Now, I have a cute little bin for my beanies and gloves.

Next

The materials


Foam, Fabric of choice, double sided tape


Then, the finish product.



I've been storing my earrings in a plastic crafts storage container where I just put together in one section the small ones, the bigger one on the other section and the longer earrings on the next but I honestly didn't like it, I often just get to use what is on the top and just forget about the other things I have or when I'm preparing in the morning I don't have the time to dig in the containers. So this is perfect for me. I see everything. 

Now, I know this will not work for everybody because some might have a larger collection than mine or the materials aren't available because the two main things I used just came from a box of I don't even remember what it is but I hope I inspired you to reuse, recycle and be creative. 

Also, I'm aware that there a ton of storage bins and organizers out there that are ready to use and affordable but I still think making your own little storage makes organizing more fun and personalized. 

Thank you for reading. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment