Monday 21 January 2013

Happiness in a bottle

Hello everybody! Happy monday! 

I was planning to do a nail polish post but opt to this little project instead. I've been reading two books at the moment, "The Happiness Project" and " Eat, Pray, Love". Now, I've started the latter about middle of last year but I'm still about half way through it, I don't know exactly why. Don't get me wrong, I like the book so much, I guess I need to really take an effort to sit and just read. I always get distracted whenever I pick it up and read it. They both are great books, very inspirational. That's why I was motivated to start my "jar of happiness". My life isn't "unhappy", in fact I think it's great, but I think we all do somethings to help us be more positive and be more happy (or inspire other people to take actions for their own picker-upper). 

I really believe that no matter how big or small the effort is, it can make a difference. Now, what exactly I'm doing? I decorated a jar, then everyday I write in a little piece of paper what made me smile or laugh or happy or excited or brighten my day or just anything that I really love about that day then put it the jar. I know there are days that aren't really pretty but having this little jar, at the end of the day, I find myself sitting down, reflecting and really focusing on the "best moment" in my day was makes a big difference on how I end my day. Sometimes, we can consumed with all the unpleasant things that is happening in our busy lives but we should always remember that no matter how bad the day was, there will always be that one (or more) "happy moment" worth smiling for.





This is the same jar I used to put different cute stuff and served as my decoration in my night table. I thought this year, it could serve a much greater purpose and be my little jar of happiness. 


I hope this made you smile and have a great week. :) Thank you for reading.






No comments:

Post a Comment